• Harlan Gallery at Seton Hill University is accepting nominations for Women Artists 2021, a juryed exhibition that will feature women artists in all media. The event will take place from November 2 to 26 and an opening reception will be held at 7 p.m. November 4. Artists can submit up to three works by September 3. The cost is $ 20 for a maximum of three works. Details and submission information: setonhill.edu/news/
• A pet blessing service will be held on August 15th at 6:00 pm in the Union Presbyterian Church parking lot, 656 Route 380, Murrysville. No reservations required. Details: 724-337-3042
• Christian Mothers of St. Raymond of the Mountains will be holding a trash and treasure flea market from 9 am to 2 pm August 13-15 in the Church Social Hall, 170 Schoolhouse Lane, Donegal. Items will include toys, books, crafts, housewares, Christmas decorations and sewing items. Details: 724-454-9105 or 724-593-7598
• St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Johnstown, will be selling take-out picnics from 11 am to 1 pm on August 14 at the church, 335 Locust Street. Menu: BBQ pulled pork sandwich, coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans and homemade cookie, $ 9. Vegetarian option on request: vegetarian crumbles with barbecue sauce. Profits will go to church ministries. Orders: 814-535-6797 or [email protected]
• An ethnic take-out festival will be held August 29 at St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church, 315 Wilpen Road, Ligonier Township. Menu: plate of a stuffed cabbage, two pierogi and halushki, $ 8; stuffed cabbage, $ 25 per dozen; $ 15 for six. Pickup: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. August 29 at church. Cash on collection, cash or checks only. Orders: Stevie, 724-238-2286 or Barb, 724-238-5000, before August 22. Leave your name, phone number and quantity.
• The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg golf outing will take place on October 1 at Latrobe Country Club, 346 Arnold Palmer Drive, Unity. Cost: $ 175 each until September 9; $ 200 after September 9. Details: Greensburg.pitt.edu/sortie-golf
• A clearance sale will be held from noon to 3 p.m. on August 15, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on August 16 and from 9 a.m. to noon on August 17 in the social hall of Congregation Emanu-El Israel, 222 N. Main St. , Greensburg. Details: 724-837-0560
• Hecla Community Church, 537 Hecla Road, Mt. Pleasant Township, will host a Turkey Dinner from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on August 14 at the church. On site or to take away. Details and take out orders: 724-396-8065 or 724-244-2586
• The Christian Mothers of the Visitation of the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mt. Pleasant, will have a clothing sale from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on August 12, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on August 13 and 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. August 14 at the Community Center, 740 Walnut St.
• St. Cecilia Church will have its Burger Bash from 11 am to 2 pm on August 14 at the Church Pavilion, 220 St. Cecilia Road, Unity. Details: 724-423-3777
• The Rostraver Sports Association will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 pm on August 16 at the club, 539 Cedar Creek Road, Rostraver. Applications for membership from both men and women are welcome. Details: 724-984-6611 or rostraversca.org
• The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce will host free concerts at 7 pm from Sunday to August 22 in the Diamant belvedere. The featured group on August 15th will be the Delmont Concert Band. In case of bad weather, an announcement will be made before 5 p.m. to move the concert to town hall or to cancel. Details: Visit Ligonier on Facebook.
• Mountain. The 1974 Pleasant High School class will have a fall reunion from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on September 24 at Bella Terra Vineyard, 121 Sunny Lane, East Huntingdon. Reservations required before August 21. Reservations: Rick Rega, 724-255-0792 or [email protected]
• The Ulery Family Reunion for the families of James and William Ulery will be held August 22 at the Lodge at Laurel Highlands Campground, Donegal. A buffet lunch will be at 1 p.m. Participants are kindly requested to bring a hot dish, salad or dessert and cold drinks. Chicken and coffee will be provided.
• The Baltzer Meyer Historical Society, 642 Baltzer Meyer Pike, Hempfield, will be hosting an Ancestors Day from noon to 4 pm on August 15th. The Harrold No. 8 School tours will take place at 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. and there will be a paired carpet demonstration and an opportunity to research your family tree. Details: 724-836-6915 or [email protected]
Submissions from nonprofits for Briefly Speaking can be emailed to [email protected] Include a full address and daytime phone number. Submissions are due at least two weeks prior to the event. Each ad is printed once; there is no charge.