Welcome to our daily New York State Fair concert guide! We will be posting a list of performers and times for the NYS 2021 fair each day on syracuse.com.
The Chevy Park stage, where this year’s biggest concerts will take place, is located in the New York Experience zone at the western end of the fairground near Midway. Chevy Court will generally host smaller gigs during the Fair, a change from previous Covid-based plans to host all gigs on the Chevy Park stage (formerly known as the New York Experience stage).
- Where is Chevy Park located? How to find the new NYS Fair concert stage
No tickets are required for concerts. All NYS Fair shows are free with admission to the fair, which is $ 3 this year; entry is also free for anyone 65 and over or for children under 12 every day.
Here’s what to expect on Wednesday, August 25:
Jameson Rodgers – 2 p.m. at Chevy Park
The country singer built an following after opening for the 2019 Luke Combs tour. Rodgers’ hits include “Some Girls” and the Combs collaboration “Cold Beer Calling My Name”.
REO Speedwagon – 8 p.m. at Chevy Park
The classic rock band has sold over 40 million records over its five decades, including # 1 hits like “Can’t Fight This Feeling” and “Keep On Loving You”.
The Carolyn Kelly Blues Band – 2 p.m. at Chevy Court
Led by Sammy-winning singer Carolyn Kelly and NYS Blues Hall of Fame inductee, the Syracuse-based band mixes blues with the soul of Muscle Shoals.
Russell Dickerson – 7 p.m. at Chevy Court
The country singer was nominated for Best New Male Artist at the ACM Awards last year and released his second album in December. His hits include “Yours”, “Blue Tacoma”, “Every Little Thing” and “Love You Like I Used To”.
Menage A Soul – 5 p.m. at the Panafrican Village
Melissa Gardner and Vibe Check – 7 p.m. at the Panafrican Village
Wayne Tucker and The Bad Motha’s – 8 p.m. at the Panafrican Village
Other musical performers on display at the fairground include Bandaloni The One Man Band (starting today along Restaurant Row) and The Strolling Piano. The Iroquois Indian Village will also feature traditional Native American dances daily at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Bar-Grille West End II hosts concerts by local musicians, and the Latino Village will feature a variety of Latinx artists from September 3-6.
* * * * *
Covid-19 Directives: There are currently no restrictions for concerts; masks are not required and no proof of vaccination is required to enter the fair. Masks are mandatory indoors in all NYS Fair buildings, according to Onondaga County Director Ryan McMahon, but Chevy Park and Chevy Court are outdoor locations. (That being said, Onondaga County is currently experiencing a “high” rate of Covid transmission and you may still want a face covering for the busier concerts where social distancing is not possible.)
* * * * *
Concert regulations: The NYS Fair website describes its Politics for events at Chevy Park or Chevy Court.
- Smoking / vaping is prohibited in the grassy areas of Chevy Park or Chevy Court.
- Do not stand on benches or tables.
- Do not sit on the shoulders of another.
- The aisles must be clear of people, strollers, wheelchairs, scooters, etc.
- Seats may not be “registered” for others. In case of personal necessity, a person can hold up to 2 additional seats for a limited time.
- Personal items left unattended, such as blankets, clothing, coolers, bags, etc. intended to save seats will be collected and held for return to the Fairgoer.
- Wheelchairs and reduced mobility seats are available on a first come, first served basis. Each wheelchair and seat with reduced mobility is entitled to 2 accompanying seats. Companions seated in the wheelchair section must remain seated.
- Visually impaired and hearing impaired seats are available on a first come, first served basis. Each visually impaired and hearing impaired customer is entitled to 1 accompanying seat. Companions seated in the visually and hearing impaired section must remain seated.
- No professional cameras or professional recording devices are allowed.
- No umbrellas during the show.
* * * * *
FULL CALENDAR OF THE CONCERT AT THE NYS 2021 FAIR:
The 2021 NYS Fair Chevy Park concert lineup
- Dangerous type – Thursday, August 26 at 2 p.m.
- Bell Biv DeVoe – Thursday August 26 at 8 p.m.
- Scorey – Friday, August 27, at 2 p.m.
- Melissa Etheridge – Friday, August 27, at 8 p.m.
- Waydown Wailers – Saturday August 28 at 2 p.m.
- The Beach Boys – Saturday, August 28 at 8 p.m.
- Noah Cyrus – Sunday August 29 at 2 p.m.
- Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes – Sunday, August 29 at 7 p.m.
- Alex Miller – Monday August 30 at 2 p.m.
- Justin Moore – Monday, August 30 at 8 p.m.
- Cory Marks – Tuesday, August 31 at 2 p.m.
- Halestorm – Tuesday, August 31 at 8 p.m.
- Sydney Irving & The Mojo – Wednesday, September 1 at 2 p.m.
- Nelly – Wednesday September 1st at 8 p.m.
- Brownskin Band – Thursday, September 2 at 8 p.m.
- Third Blind Eye – Thursday, September 2 at 8 p.m.
- Dark Hollow – Friday September 3 at 2 p.m.
- AJR – Friday September 3 at 8 p.m.
- Cold War Kids – Saturday September 4 at 2 p.m.
- YG – Saturday September 4 at 8 p.m.
- Jesse McCartney – Sunday September 5 at 2 p.m.
- Sheff G and Sleepy Hallow – Sunday, September 5 at 8 p.m.
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – Monday, September 6 at 1 p.m.
- Cheap tip – Monday September 6 at 6 p.m.
* * * * *
The 2021 NYS Fair Chevy Court concert lineup
- Bad Mama’s Blues Band – Thursday August 26 at 2 p.m.
- Three Dog Night – Thursday August 26 at 7 p.m.
- Tionesta – Friday August 27 at 2 p.m.
- CNCO – Friday August 27 at 7 p.m.
- Stephen Phillips – Saturday August 28 at 2 p.m.
- Vixen and Great White – Saturday August 28 at 7 p.m.
- Harmonic Dirt – Sunday August 29 at 2 p.m.
- Dropkick Murphys – Sunday, August 29 at 8 p.m.
- Herman’s Hermits with Peter Noone – Monday August 30 at 2 p.m.
- grandson – Monday August 30 at 7 p.m.
- The Oak Ridge Boys – Tuesday, August 31 at 2 p.m.
- Jamey Johnson – Tuesday, August 31 at 7 p.m.
- Sheena Easton – Wednesday, September 1 at 2 p.m.
- Blue Oyster Cult – Wednesday, September 1 at 7 p.m.
- BeatleCUSE— Thursday September 2 at 2 p.m.
- Starship with Mickey Thomas – Thursday, September 2 at 7 p.m.
- Uncle Kracker – Friday September 3 at 2 p.m.
- Blues Traveler – Friday, September 3 at 7 p.m.
- Syracuse JAMS FunkFest – Saturday September 4 at 2 p.m.
- Stone City Band & Mary Jane Girls – Saturday, September 4 at 7 p.m.
- The Mavericks En Español – Sunday, September 5 at 2 p.m. (show in Spanish only)
- The Mavericks – Sunday, September 5 at 7 p.m.
- The Ripcords – Monday September 6 at 12 p.m.
- Resurrection: A Journey Tribute – Monday, September 6 at 4 p.m.
* * * * *
Free NYS Trade Show Newsletter
Stay on top of all the news from the New York State Fair, food, music, schedules and more with our free newsletter. Get it delivered to your inbox during the 18 days of NYS 2021. register here.