EUGENE, Oré. — The most action-packed day of the year for the University of Oregon Athletics Department is right around the corner, with “Duck Day” slated for this Saturday, April 23.
Headlining Oregon’s annual Spring Football Game at 1:00 p.m. PT at Autzen Stadium, “Duck Day” will feature events and activities for fans to attend on campus throughout the day.
Below is a breakdown of everything fans need to know ahead of Saturday.
Duck Day Events Calendar
|10:00 AM||Oregon Relays (T&F) start at Hayward Field|
|10:30 a.m.||Opening of the East car park of the Autzen stadium|
|11:00||Oregon Soccer vs. Seattle U at Pape Field|
|11 a.m. – 1 p.m.||Pre-game Fan Fest|
|11:00||Fan shuttles to Autzen depart from Valley River Center|
|12:00 p.m.||Opening of the gates of the Autzen stadium|
|1:00 p.m.||Oregon Spring Football Game Begins|
|After the Spring Game||Common Kings Live Concert at the HDC Training Grounds|
|15:00||Oregon Baseball vs. Washington State at PK Park|
|4:15 p.m.||High Performance Window Begins at Oregon Relays (Hayward)|
|5:00 p.m.||Oregon Softball vs. Washington at Jane Sanders Stadium|
Entrance and parking for the spring game
- Admission to the Spring Game is free.
- Fans are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to donate to Food For Lane County.
- A public car park will open at 10:30 a.m. in the Autzen Stadium East car park.
- Parking is $5 for those who purchase in advance using the link below:
- Parking will cost $10 on game day for those who do not purchase in advance. Cash only.
Pre-match fan party
- Open from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Moshofsky Center
- Activities organized by the US Army & University of Oregon ROTC.
- Inflatables such as obstacle course, football throw, slide, bungee and much more! Kids can also enjoy the airbrush makeup artists and balloon artists.
- Moshofsky Square
- View configurations for the US Air National Guard, US Marine Corps, Army National Guard, US Navy and more!
- Highlights include a Howitzer Cannon, Bradley Fighting Vehicle, High Mobility Vehicle and a Zodiac.
- Autzen South Gate
- Activities organized by Eugene Springfield Fire & EMTs.
- Fans can “step up a gear”, visit an ambulance or pick up a fire hose and take aim at the opposing team’s targets.
- Food Trucks at PK Plaza – available from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Everyday Kine Grinds from Hawaii
- bacon nation
- Kona ice cream
- Blessed Mess Barbecue
- Bubz Grub (ice cream)
- Oregon Wood Fired Pizza
- LaMike’s Tailgate Challenge
- Fans can tweet a photo of their tailgate using #LaMikesTailgate and tagging @oregonfootball.
- James will pick a winner and stop at the tailgate to hand out Oregon’s gear.
- Photos must be submitted before 12 noon.
Spring Game in-game programming
- National anthem
- US Coast Guard helicopter flight.
- coin toss
- Former Oregon head football coach Rich Brooks will do the pre-game draw.
- game format
- Four (4) 15-minute quarters.
- Timer in progress except for scores, penalties, changes of possession and the last three minutes of each half.
- 12 minute half time.
- Honorary Captains
- Green Team – La’Michael James (OC) and Arik Armstead (DC)
- Yellow Team – De’Anthony Thomas (OC) and Haloti Ngata (DC)
- Honorary captains will announce plays during the third quarter.
- Green and yellow team rosters are revealed by position groups on the @oregonfootball social media channels in the days leading up to the Spring Game.
- Fan Engagement
- The Pac-12 Network’s commercial breaks will be filled with behind-the-scenes footage from spring training, side interviews with former OU footballers, and various military activations on the Autzen Stadium video board.
- half time
- Congratulate Private First Class White of the United States Army National Guard on his promotion to Specialist in a short ceremony.
- Selected fans will have the opportunity to participate in a 40-yard sprint with a defensive back Darren Barkin.
- The UO Marching Band, UO Spirit and The Duck will be in attendance playing your favorite tunes.
- Fans are invited to stay after the Spring Game to witness the coveted gift exchange between 120 active duty military, first responders and the football team.
- A live concert with reggae band Common Kings will begin after the Spring Game at the HDC practice grounds.