Hello, people of Huntington, have a nice weekend! It’s me again, Andrew Tessler, your Huntington Daily host.
Are you a local business owner or trader in Huntington? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly cloudy all day. Beautiful. High: 82 Low: 65.
Here are the best stories today in Huntington:
- 12’s news Caroline flynn dates back to Northport High School to see what this year will be like for the students. With mask warrants in schools and COVID-19 still a part of our daily lives, Flynn is checking with teachers and students to see how they are adjusting. (News 12 Bronx)
- Island harvest and PSEG Long Island will be collecting donations of food, personal care items and pet food on Friday as part of the Hunger Day Action Day. The event will take place at the Stop & Shop located at 1100 Jericho Turnpike in Huntington. The ancient order of the ladies of the Hibernians has its To Six portsfrom 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Donations of non-perishable food and personal care items will be accepted at the door. Food insecurity has been at an all time high since 2020, and if you can help, please stop by one of these places and donate what you can. (Huntington now)
- Book Review the owner bids farewell to the community of Huntington after 44 years. Klein took to Facebook to write a heartfelt message to everyone who has supported Book Revue over the years, ending with “In the simple but deceptively profound words of Herbert Stein,” If one thing can’t last forever, it will end. by stopping. We have reached our stopping point. Thank you again to all of our wonderful customers and our many former staff. Cherish the memories. ”(Greater Long Island)
- Huntington To repress Zombie houses after increasing these properties. The measure will encourage the occupation or transfer of ownership of zombie houses, problem properties and vacant storefronts by imposing and entered in the Register of Vacant Buildings. Religious organizations will continue to be exempt from paying the vacant building registration fee. Supervisor Chad Lupinacci proposed the measure in July. (Huntington crest)
Today in Huntington:
- Community sharing day! Help others together! (09h00)
- Centerport Country Concert (1:00 p.m.)
- LI Ballet Theater 35th Annual Nutcracker Production – Open Auditions (4:00 p.m.)
- Huntington Village Farmer’s Market (7:30 a.m.)
- New exhibitions: Adam Oehlers, Shannon Bonatakis, Katie Gamb and Marni Fraser (1:00 p.m.)
- Visit of the old cemetery (4:00 p.m.)
- FREE Farm Tour and Film Screening at St Joseph’s Farms (5:00 p.m.)
- Centerport Fire Department Country Concert (1:00 p.m.)
- Anberlin concert at Paramount (7:00 p.m.)
- Huntington Historical Society: “We will miss you, Book Revue!” (Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: Ashley Genao is considering a career in immigration and business law. The summer vacation was put to good use by Ashley Genao of Huntington High School, who took the opportunity to prepare for her final year and throw the basics of her university applications. “(Facebook)
- Hand rescue mission: “We have had a wonderful day so far! And you ? Thank you to everyone who helped make this day very special and provide for the families who came to see us in need in our community. ” (Facebook)
- Huntington Union Free School District: The Huntington Stimulus Club Gala is scheduled for October 28. The Huntington Stimulus Club will be holding their fourteenth annual dinner on Thursday, October 28 at 7 p.m. at the Head of the Bay Club in Huntington Bay. (Facebook)
- Huntington Animal Shelter: “Mr. Shane is having a great treat!” All of our dogs have time in a comfortable setting to help them relax after life in a high energy shelter! Shane has no problem with high value items and would do just fine in a home! Come down to meet him! “(Facebook)
- Hand rescue aid mission: “We are VERY grateful to our friends at Chip n Dip’d who share sweet treats to share with our missionary families! If you are on the go in the village, shop for local produce and support businesses that help our community!” (Facebook)
- Hand rescue aid mission: “Thank you for the burgers, dogs and extra condiments offered today by Huntington Youth for Christ for Community Sharing Day! ” (Facebook)
- Rotary Club of Huntington, NY: “Rotary Clubs send donations to Haiti” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- LittleDogsLife ™ – Join the exclusive LittleDogsLife ™ community for FREE (Visit the website)
- Get in Shape Long Island Ltd – SUNDAY MORNING FOOTBALL LEAGUE YOUTH FLAG – BEGINS SEPT. 19 (Visit website)
- Huntington Center for the Performing Arts – Train for life! Ballet, Music and Theater (Visit the website)
- Add your business here
Please follow and stay informed. I’ll meet you in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing in more friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! My name is Andrew and I have lived in Huntington for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, travel, stand up paddleboarding and of course going to restaurants and events in Huntington!
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Huntington Daily? You can reach me at [email protected]